Saturday, October 10, 2009

interrogatories

So....late Friday afternoon hubby hands me a very thick manila envelope from my attorney. I groaned because thick envelopes are never good news. I certainly wasn't expecting to find 46 pages of questions. These aren't your easy/peasy questions either. Nothing like "what's your favorite food" or "if you were an animal, which animal would you be." These are questions like "where did you go to elementary school" and "describe every illness and/or surgery you've had in your life."

What bothers me the most is the use of the word "alleged." I realize these papers are generic and not customized to my particular situation. Knowing that doesn't help. I think there should be an express lane, like on the freeway, for persons who were waiting at a light, minding their own business, when an alleged car allegedly landed sideways on their hood.

I'm a big girl. I should not tear up every time I walk past that hunk 'o legal mumbo jumbo. No one said life was fair....allegedly.

No comments: