Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gluteus Maximus

So....I am often stumped when it comes to blog post topics.  Today I want to talk about my butt.  That's a big muscle, that old maximus.  And I pulled it, strained it, made it unhappy about 10 days ago.  The left side I mean.  It's like the biggest and baddest charlie horse you'll ever have.  From the middle of the cheek all the way down to my ankle.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and plan to ask her if there is some kind of stretching or other exercise I can do to make this maximus into a minimus.   Stay tuned for further details.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Lol, you have a way to make a bad situation into a humorous one, hope your feeling better soon

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing, thanks in large part to a huge Akita and a slightly smaller Alaskan Malamute and 2 squirrels! What helped me get by was KT Tape. Kinesic (or something like that!)therapy tape. You may have seen it on a lot of Olympic athletes and other sports players. It doesn't look like it would help, but it sure did help me walk with less pain. Check out the web site and make sure you watch the video on how to put it on the gluteus (not an easy feat by oneself!) You can buy it at Walmart (cheaper than sporting goods stores) or sporting goods stores.