Friday, December 25, 2009

~ * Merry Christmas * ~

We had a very nice day, peaceful and restful (especially when dogs were sleeping). Sara was here but had to leave by 9:00 am. Sara never gets to spend much time with us. She is my husband's daughter, almost 21 years old, and a very good egg. She gave me the nicest pair of warm and cozy slippers.

We gave Jacob an iPod Touch. It was all he wanted, and I had him convinced it was too much money and not to count on it. So....he was very surprised and very happy. Hubby got two shirts and a set of hand warmers from L.L. Bean, candy from his doggies, a belt from Jacob, a beautiful framed photo of Sara and her dog Ellie, a wind-up flashlight that you don't need batteries for, and a set of those Sham Wow towel things. My son gave me a box of candy, a gift card for Joann, and a great pair of sewing scissors which I desperately needed. I've already laid down the law - they are only to be used on fabric. My husband gave me several HSN gift certificates. Too many really, and I am not even going to say what the total was. He is so good to me. Oh, and a T-square that I've been wanting.

This Christmas will always be special because my mother sent Jacob a beautiful study Bible, engraved with his name. My mother is one of God's most loyal servants, and as each day passes I see my son becoming just a little bit more like her. When Jacob was about four Grandma came for a visit and they left to take a walk. I watched from the window as they slowly walked down the driveway, hand in hand. I told my heart to take a picture, and I often think back to that moment and what a blessing it is for my son to have the benefit of his Grandmother's knowledge and wisdom. He has learned so much from her walk with the Lord. And I know his faith is a blessing to her, too.

Merry Christmas ~ God Bless us, one and all.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you had a GREAT Christmas, Kim! Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year!

Jess said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas...happy new year.

lots of love...ive missed visiting!

Jess