Thursday, February 17, 2011

YESSSSSS!!!!

Can ya tell I'm happy? Finally, an orthopedic surgeon who listened to me, spent a ton of time with me, and agrees it's time to take a real look at my shoulder. Surgery is scheduled for March 2nd. The doctor is Board Certified, in practice 25 plus years, and nice! I had hubby in the exam room with me, another ear to listen and someone else to ask questions you know. Hubby said I was acting goofy. At one point I started to cry because God had answered my prayer and at last something was going to be done for me, besides more physical therapy which has never helped. The doctor even spoke about how traumatic the accident must have been.

I am so excited that someone will actually cut me open and look. Something isn't right, and even if it can't be fixed, at least I will know, once and for all. The other doctors were quite competent I'm sure, but it takes more than that to make a good doctor. In my mind, it's 1965 and I live in Mayberry with Andy and Opie and Aunt Bea. Growing up, my father's patients had our home number. Medicine wasn't such a business. I have been very blessed with every other doctor and counselor who has treated me, it was just the orthopedic folks who were a problem, until today that is.

Thank you Lord, for answering my prayer.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I am so happy for you that you found a doctor that not only listened but understood and sympathised with you.
Not to happy about surgery though, but like you said you will find more answers this way.
Your hubby is a sweetie.
Thank you for you sweet comments about Ashley's photography, I know I'm her mom, but I think it is outstanding ;)