Monday, October 6, 2014

Games Dogs Play

Our Malamute is hands down the most intelligent dog my husband and I have ever had.  He is scary smart.  The kind of dog who we can no longer say the word "car" to.  We began to spell it.  Now he's wise to that.  We are going to use "vehicle" in the future.  I'm sure it won't be long before we have to spell that one too.

He enjoys lounging in the front yard during the wee hours of the morning.  We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and the neighbors actually appreciate having him out there, on guard.  This morning, about 1:00 am I heard him get up from the hall and move to the living room.  I walked out to find him lying by the couch, about 10 feet from the door.  I walked to the door and asked if he wanted the front yard.  Blank stare.  Asked him again.  No reaction.  So I walked back to my room and closed my door.

Not 30 seconds later I heard a loud yip.  Went back to the living room and there he was, standing by the front door, tail wagging.  He does this allllll the time!  And I wonder if he laughs to himself and thinks "stupid human."  It's like it has to be his idea or he doesn't want to do it. 

No comments: