Tuesday, August 4, 2009

~ Checking In.....

Haven't posted in a few days, so here is wazzzup.

Monday was Day #10 of temps above 90 degrees. Last week we had 102, 104 and even 107. It is getting soooo old. We are finally on the downhill slide though, and should be in the 70's later in the week. It might even rain but I won't get my hopes up.

I've done a bit of coupon shopping. The General Mills spend $30 get $15 back is definitely a great promo. I did the deal Sunday and got a bunch of pantry items. Total after coupons was $15.81 and I got $15 in Cats back.

Last night I concentrated on ice cream, which I seem to be doing a lot this summer. I bought 12 packages (6 bars to a package) of Klondike bars in various flavors to arrive at a total of $30. Used coupons to bring my total to $20 and then used my $15 Cats from Sunday. This made my total due $5.00. Regular price would have been $59.88. So that's a killer deal all by itself. BUT, I received another $15 in Cats which means I made a $10 profit while bringing home 72 ice cream bars.

I got a much needed haircut - three inches gone bye-bye.

I saw my son smile ONCE today. The rest of the time he walked around like his dog had just died. Oh the teenage angst. I took him to rent a movie and he was so sullen. I asked him, "You really don't like going out with me, do you?" He replied, "No, not really. It's not one of my favorite things. But it's not horrible or anything." I decided I am going to choose a day and spend it acting just the way he does. Same facial expressions (or lack thereof), same tone of voice, etc. As I used to tell him when he was very small - dial 1-800-MEAN-MOMMY.

No comments: