Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Journey to Perspective


Although friends and family may beg to differ, the thing I hate the MOST about the accident which occurred three years ago (you can see a snipet of it in my blog header, right above the Partridge Family logo - my dogs and I were in the blue car) is my inability to truly put it into perspective, accept that my life is different now ~ and move on.

I was raised to count my blessings. I was taught it's okay to feel what you're feeling, but don't let it control your life. I know these things to be true and they are a part of me, fused into my being by a mother whose life had countless tragedies. She always got up again, through the grace of God, she was strong. I am not strong and wobble to and fro like a one year old taking their first steps. I fall down. I go boom - a lot. It's alright for a while but after three years it gets old.

Then I read a story like this one:


I am both inspired and humbled. I'm sure this courageous man has had more than his share of moments of doubt, frustration and hopelessness. I cannot even fathom the pain he has endured. It makes me hang my head in shame for complaining about my pain. His story is a great reminder that it isn't what happens to us - it's how we react to what happens to us.

I pray others will be touched by his story and join me on this journey to Perspective. The only failure is in giving up, right?

No comments: