Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Quotations"

I adore quotations. Wisdom from those who have gone before us. Humor when we need to laugh. Empathy when we think no one else understands. I go "quote surfing" on a regular basis. Just now I was reading Helen Keller quotes and was so touched I began to cry. My all time favorite quote is the one you see to the right. I feel her words deep into my soul. If I do nothing else I will be a good mother. I will strive to be worthy of the blessing God has given to me.

My father loved quotes too. Here is his favorite - he had this quotation in his office and at home:

"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll; I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley

Try "quote surfing," and you'll find it's a relaxing and inspirational way to spend some time.

No comments: