Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Randomness of it All


I wanted to do a blog post, since my last post was Monday. Where does the time go? I feel as if I'm living in the middle of a cliche. All the things my parents told me would happen someday, are happening! If I just lived my life and didn't think about them, it would be wonderful. After all, we get old, and older, and we eventually buy the farm. Ruminating about it is pointless, much like this post I fear.

Anyway....I like to visit this site: http://www.findadeath.com/ (don't judge) and tonight I saw the above photos of Ricardo Montalban at some point during the 50's or 60's. What caught my eye was the lower right image, the rather sepia toned one. My oh my....it gave me the vapors. Then it reminded me how cruel a mistress aging can be.

My father used to say: "Do not resent growing old, many are denied the privilege." He didn't say it originally, but it was one of his favorite quotes. With age comes wisdom - if you do it right. I have two favorite "groups" of people: kids between the ages of 4 and 6, and people after they hit 75 or so. Both are fascinating to listen to. Both exude wisdom. I tend to think most everyone in between is still trying to figure things out.

No comments: