Sunday, June 28, 2009

~~ 3 BLESSINGS ~~

I was blessed this weekend. I had a front row seat to two spectacular things God did. I never cease to be amazed at how personal His communication can be.

My friend Kay is attending college, training to work in a medical office. She has been unemployed for over a year. These classes are her key to a brand new life. She was all set to begin Summer quarter tomorrow. Friday she received a letter saying her financial aid had been revoked. Doesn't matter why, but it was not her fault. Kay let herself experience all the emotions of this terrible disappointment. Then she did what she always does. She took a deep breath, put on her big girl panties, and sucked it up. She trusted God and let Him have her sorrow.

Kay posted on her blog, asking for prayers and for support from her sisters in Christ. Several hours later a woman she had never met left a comment saying she felt God wanted her to pay Kay's tuition. Kay received the money today and will be able to start school in the morning, as scheduled. Thank you Lord for this blessing.

Last night another friend shared with me the most amazing vision she had, in response to questions and confusion about a certain aspect of prophecy. God had drawn her a picture, in 3D technicolor. I was blessed just hearing about it - imagine how my friend felt!

About 10 years ago I was driving my car, and telling God I knew He had forgotten about me. He never let me know He was there. My prayers fell on deaf ears. I didn't expect to always get what I wanted, but I did want some kind of acknowledgement He was listening. I was angry and disrespectful to my Heavenly Father.

I came to a stop behind another car, at a light, and there on the car's rear bumper was the admonition we've all seen hundreds of times: If you're living like there's no God, you better be right. I hung my head and apologized profusely. Any time since when I'm tempted to contemplate how real God is in my life, I immediately remember that day so many years ago. And I am humbled once again.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Kim,
What a GREAT way to start Monday...Wonderful reminders of God's power, timing and love toward us!

Have a Blessed week.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE! THAT SONG TOOK ME BACK! THANK YOU!

Love your blessings blog.. Tell Kay BEST OF LUCK FROM KJ!

LOVE YOU and all you do! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!

This is Nightmare in GA.. BTW :)