Saturday, June 13, 2009

YEEESSSSS!

My son got a part time job this summer, picking blueberries for a local grower. The job will begin in early July. They pick from 8:00 am to about 1:00 pm five days a week. He is 14 and this will be his first official job. Should be quite an eye opener for him!

Jacob had already planned (and paid for mostly himself) to attend the church summer camp. Today the Senior Youth Pastor asked my son and his best friend to accompany him to another church's summer camp, where he is one of the speakers. My son and his friend will be the pastor's helpers.

If I were wearing buttons I'd be just a bustin' them.

2 comments:

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Good for Jacob for getting a job!!!!!

Mary said...

Congratulations to Jacob. He will learn what work is all about. Picking blueberries is no easy task and from 8 to 1 is a long day in the hot sun.