Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Keeping Calm.....

This little pink pendant is available in my Etsy store. Take a deep breath through your nose, and exhale slowly - and carry on.

I am just getting back up to speed, after a 24 hour ride on the Muscle Spasm Express. The only way to disembark is to take the flexeril and go to bed. All the while thanking God you have a husband who is fully capable of handling the household while you are out of commission.

I so enjoyed reading the comments left on my last post. I had forgotten many of those things, and some I never knew at all! The Fotomat huts - wow, that takes you back. Made me think of my Kodak Instamatic camera with the square flash bulb on top. I remember when VCR's were the newest thing. I paid over $500.00 for mine (used my handy dandy Sears charge card) and it was enormous.

My son and I often discuss technology, and how for every positive, there is a negative too. Text messaging has replaced the telephone, and how impersonal is that? I guess at 14 you don't appreciate hearing the other person's laughter, or the smile in their voice. "Mom," he says in a disgusted voice, "I know there are some things you don't text and I do talk on the phone sometimes."

3 comments:

Mel said...

Working with elderly folks, I often hear them quote" I don't feel old, it's just my body doesn't wanna cooperate".

Enjoy each day, as if there's no tomorrow.

I remember the milk man bringing milk to your door in those glass bottles.

Or how about buying gasoline for a quarter a gallon, and using plastic milk jugs to hold it?

Our children will grow up and one day share their memories as we are doing today.

Blessings,
Mel

Jess said...

Great post... hope you are feeling better after the muscle spasms

Jess

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I just love this pendant!!! Pink - my favorite color. The picture is great.